It’s time to make that charming upstate home yours, and the first place to start is the kitchen!
There are many things to consider when remodeling your kitchen. Most people focus on the esthetics of their new kitchen; colors, style, materials, etc. However, in doing so they forget the important aspects of their new kitchen: design and functionality.
Here are 7 simple remodeling tips & trends to keep in mind when remodeling your kitchen that will help you make your new kitchen both beautiful and practical:
1. Eliminate any wasted steps in your kitchen. For instance, place dishware and flatware near the dishwasher to help with the process of unloading.
2. Keep your cabinet doors functional. Plan space for the doors’ clearance and swing direction in your kitchen design, and make sure doors won’t bang into each other if open at the same time.
3. If you decide you want a kitchen island, determine its main function. If you wish to both eat and cook on the island, plan to have enough space so the cook top is separated from the dining area.
4. Have a designated spot for cutlery and knives. This makes it easy to spot the right knife that you need, and keeps them away from children.
5. Be sure to have multiple outlets along your back splash, behind counter "appliance garages" and on your kitchen island for convenient power supply.
6. Think about opening up the space! Open-concept kitchens are increasing in popularity. It can improve the value of your home, and add a feel of spaciousness.
7. Create a workflow that makes sense! Don't forget about optimizing "kitchen work STations" for maximum efficiency and functionality.
Since there are so many aspects to take into consideration when remodeling your kitchen, you are probably going to search for a professional to help you throughout this process. GNH Installs, located in Latham, right outside of Albany, NY, is your local professional who is there to help you every step of the way.
From the beginning ideas and layout of your kitchen, to the final floor board that gets installed, GNH ensures quality work and satisfied customers.
Ready to get started with your kitchen remodel? Visit our kitchen design center today for more info!
Is a kitchen remodel within your budget? How much value will it add to your home? Do you know how to design your kitchen space for ideal work flow? Download our FREE Guide, "How to Plan Your Dream Kitchen" to learn more!